directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Questions about Apache DS schema
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:47:19 GMT
Hi all,

I'm currently writing the Apache DS Dynamic Schema Editor. Everything is
starting to take a good shape.
I recently introduced a complete schema checker that check that an alias, or
OID is not declared by two different objects for example.

I've loaded the whole Apache DS Schema and I've noticed a couple of things
that I don't know if you were aware of:

   - 2 objects share the same OID '1.3.6.1.1.1.1.13': object class
   'automount' from the 'autofs' schema and attribute type
   'memberNisNetworkGroup' from the 'nis' schema.
   - 2 objects share the same alias 'audio': attribute type with OID
   0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.55 from the 'cosine' schema and syntax with
   OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.4 from the 'system' schema.
   - 2 objects share the same alias 'fax': attribute type with OID
   2.5.4.23 from the the 'core' schema and syntax with OID
   1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.23 from the 'system' schema.
   - the object class 'residentialPerson' has the 'l, localityName'
   attribute type in both mandatory and optional attributes.
   - Same thing in the object class 'ipProtocol' with attribute type
   'description'.
   - Same thing in the object class 'oncRPC' with attribute type
   'description'.

I think that the problem with the alias of the syntaxes 'audio' and 'fax'
is, in fact, not a problem and I should not be using the aliases of the
syntaxes in the comparison.

Although, the other errors seem to be pretty major ones. I'm not sure, but I
think it is not allowed to set an attribute type as mandatory AND optional
attribute in an object class.

Regards,

Pierre-Arnaud