directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: [m2-snapshot-repo] Permissions need to be massaged to allow group read write access
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 04:23:36 GMT
we did a couple of experiments here and we think you need to:

set umask 2 in .bashrc.  For non-interactive remote shell access such
as through scp this is the file executed, not .bash_profile

in ~/.m2/settings.xml set

for each repository you are deploying to.  We're not so sure about
the 2nd point, but this works for me and we found that the source
file permissions do have an effect on the target file permissions
together with the umask, and these settings affect what maven
presents as the source file permissions.

this is all too easy to mess up -- a lot of geronimo comitters have
problems with this too.

david jencks

On Jul 25, 2007, at 8:57 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> You know we did do this or at least I know a few of us did it but
> we still get this issue.
> It's very strange.  I have 'umask 0002' in my .bash_profile which
> is equivalent to having
> it in .cshrc when using bash shell.
> Alex
> On 7/25/07, David Jencks <> wrote:
> If you set umask to 2 (not 22) on you won't have
> this problem.  You have to set it in the place so it works for ssh
> access.  For me that is in .cshrc
> thanks
> david jencks
> On Jul 25, 2007, at 6:28 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>> Enrique,
>> You have files in the m2 snapshot repo from a deploy which need to
>> have the group rw permissions
>> added to them here on
>>      /www/
>> Please fix this. Make sure you massage permissions on each
>> deployment.
>> We need to either fix maven's deploy plugin or make sure we
>> massage permissions after each deploy.
>> I think Trustin had a fix for it at some point but I don't think
>> the maven guys incorporated it.
>> Alex

View raw message