directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [CiDIT] Discussion
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:05:42 GMT

Ersin Er wrote:
> The dynamic schema generation stuff is, although cool, a dark path. It's
> a good research topic on its own but we cannot use it for CiDIT before
> it gets stable as given example, JDO or JAXB.

With the LDAP DAS you can easily verify that the configuration is written correctly to the
DIT.  The current tests do this.  Also, since the Model is XML Schema verified, the validation
of the entries is taken care of + EMF has tons of additional powerful model validation APIs
+ tools.  Thus anything that can be modeled in XML Schema can be stored in the DIT.