directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [CiDIT] Discussion
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 02:42:54 GMT

David Jencks wrote:
SNIP

> Yikes, I'm afraid this will take 6 months to a year to do, and unless
> you write "jdo for ldap", including an enhancer, I think its' going to
> be pretty painful to add new configuration elements.

If you use the LDAP DAS it would be trivial.  I'm guess roughly 2 more weeks until the LDAP
DAS is done.

Here's how simple it would be:

Current Configuration:
- Load the server.xml file into the EMF Model
- Write it to the server via the DAS
- When the server starts it instantiates the EMF model via the DAS

So now configuration information would be stored in the EMF beans rather than the spring beans.

Changed/Updated Configuration Schema:
- Generate a new model from the XML Schema
- Load an xml instance of this new model (The new server.xml)
- Rest is the same.

Cheers,
- Ole