directory-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Alderson <martin.alder...@salfordsoftware.co.uk>
Subject Re: [BUILD] [FAILED] Build Apache Directory Server::Nightly Integration Tests #56 failed (2326 tests passed, 1 test failed (1 new))
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:42:48 GMT
Hi guys,

I was wrong when I said (in IRC) that the reason this test fails is
because of the default 5 second delay between replications.  The delay
is actually explicitly set to 1 second for this test and it would be
very bad if the actual replication took more than the ~7 seconds that we
give it in this test.  It's not that slow!

The actual cause of this error is that the 3 peer servers we set up (one
at a time) immediately try to connect to the other two - if they fail
they wait 2 seconds before trying again,then a further 4 seconds etc.
Effectively this means it is possible for the 1st and 2nd servers
created to not even be connected to the 3rd server by the end of the test.

I have been tweaking this integration test over the last few days to fix
this problem along with several others (the two way bind test was
disabled and very broken) and hope to commit it later today.  Hopefully
we won't be seeing any more of these occasional failures.

Sorry for the misinformation Chris.

Martin