directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: Kerberos implementation questions
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 23:14:56 GMT
Enrique Rodriguez a écrit :

> On 7/9/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <> wrote:
>> Guys,
>> I did a simple test on my laptop writing a kerberos-unity project,
>> mimicing the server-unit project. I think that this should be a good
>> approach, as you don't have anymore dependency to deal with.
>> wdyt ?
> What would you do in the case of SASL GSSAPI bind tests, which use
> both Kerberos and LDAP?  I am in favor of a single integration test
> module.
> Similarly, integration tests for Change Password would use Change
> Password and Kerberos.
> kerberos-unit would make sense if you were only testing the Kerberos
> protocol, but then why not just put the tests in protocol-kerberos.
> Enrique
In my mind, you should always write separate tests for separate
elements. If you want to test SASL GSSAPI, nothing forbid you to create
a GSSAPI-unit project, where you launch a kerberos + ldap server. The
very same for changepw.

At least, it will help people like me who are trying to cope with
Kerberos and all the other related subprojects : it will provide a clear
base for each project's tests, instead of mixing everything in a giant
server-uni catch all test.

As we already have around 50 subprojects, 3 more won't harm a lot ...

View raw message