directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [Maven] How can we have one authoritative copy of the server.xml file?
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 22:17:41 GMT
Here's an EMF way:

1) Create an EMF Model of the server's configuration
2) Set defaults the mirror the server's current defaults
3) Have this model in it's own EMF model project

Now whenever another project (Installer, Triplesec, ...) needs an instance of the server.xml
with the defaults it can just serialize the model to where the server.xml document needs to
be.  If custom settings need to be made, just make them on the model, and then serialize.
 A simple mojo could be created to handle this, which would make the server.xml always be
updated automatically in all projects that the mojo is plugged into.  This would also update
all server.xml files, whenever the configuration model is updated.

Cheers,
- Ole