directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Custine" <ccust...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Confluence] Anyone know how we can send notifications to the dev list?
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:12:40 GMT
I did some quick testing, and I think we can do this by using the tinyurl
for the page you want to reference.  The tinyurl is in the info tab for each
page.  I tested this theory by moving a page to a new space and renamed the
page at the same time and the tinyurl remained constant so I think this
should be a usable solution.  I actually use confluence tinyurls all the
time in emails and references from external sites.

Chris

> Yeah it would be nice if we can have some reference to a confluence page
> in the code
> but I would like to see it as constant even if the page's name changes or
> have that
> reference maintained somehow automagically.
>
> Alx
>
> On 7/16/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Chris,
> >
> > I think the best would be to point to confluence from the code.
> > Usually, people are looking at the code, trying to understand how it
> > works (or is not working...), and would be pleased to see some pointer
> > to some documentation. The other way (from confluence to code) does
> > not seems so interesting, IMHO.
> >
> > On 7/16/07, Chris Custine <ccustine@apache.org> wrote:
> > > So are you saying that confluence doc pages need to point to code
> > (like
> > > ViewSVN or Fisheye), or are you saying Javadoc in code pointing to
> > > Confluence pages?  There are solutions to both of these if I can
> > understand
> > > what you want.  I have a custom confluence macro around here somewhere
> > that
> > > lets you name a section of code from CVS or SVN and it will render it
> > in the
> > > page.  I haven't used it in a long time, but it worked the last time I
> > used
> > > it.
> > >
> > > Let me know specifically what you need and I will try to find it.  I
> > will
> > > also be happy to help Ersin get the email notifications working
> > too.  There
> > > are several options that we have available to us as mentioned above.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Chris

> > the
> > as