directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Custine" <ccust...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spring config / Config in DIT
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 15:03:59 GMT

> Well, what I was thinking was storing a representation of the XML in
> DIT, instead of the raw XML. So I think it may be better to use the
> DIT as a configuration store for Spring (as they also support Java
> Configuration files for example).

This is exactly where I was leading with the incremental evolution of this
idea.  Once we try out storing the server.xml (with minimal labor involved)
we can always take that to the next level which is to write a spring
BeanDefinitionReader that reads bean defs from some custom LDAP schema.

Of course this widens the divide from the guys who embed and don't want to
give up the hand edited server.xml, so I think we need to keep some solution
in mind for that use case too.

BTW, I like Spring too!