directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [Maven] How can we have one authoritative copy of the server.xml file?
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 03:59:28 GMT

On Jul 11, 2007, at 11:39 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Hi David,

> In my copy of triplesec I built a module with the basic server
> configuration in it that could easily be used in all the tests.
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/triplesec-jacc2/
> itest-data
>
> That eliminated all but the one copy of server.xml in that module.
> So I tend to think of the problem as solved for triplesec.
>
>  So this itest-data module seems to be unpacked by this dependency-
> maven-plugin.
> That's the whole purpose to this codehaus mojo?

It looks to me as if I/we should change to using the

  dependency:unpack goal.  Either I couldn't find it last december or
it wasn't out yet.  This one has lots and lots of other functionality...
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/howto.html

Anyway if your question is, are we using this plugin for anything
else besides unpacking, no, just to unpack.

thanks
david jencks