I think you need to make the server only writable by the current session using the
control to prevent other clients from making inconsistent updates.

Also it's a good idea to add parameters into the schema service and the configuration
that could control this.

Overall it's a good idea to be able to control the server in this fashion however it does
not come without risk.  If you can write code to actually push schema into ou=schema
properly in the order of dependency leaves first then this would be a easier task for
you than writing the control.  However we could support this but it will not be a simple
matter.

Alex

Hi PAM,

It can be possible by disabling the Schema Service at runtime. This
can be done by a stored procedure or by a special entry which tracks a
special value for schema enabling/disabling. But I am not sure about
its side effects.

--
Ersin Er

R.A. and Ph.D Student at the Dept. of Computer Eng. in Hacettepe University
http://www.cs.hacettepe.edu.tr

Committer and PMC Member of The Apache Directory Project
http://directory.apache.org