Hey T,

The question is not where DHCP will go.  It's definitely slated for
inclusion in ApacheDS to fullfil the Realm Controller concepts.
So, this is not a matter of whether or not it deserves to be here at
Directory. I don't want to turn this into that kind of discussion.
This is just a matter of maturity and documentation I think.

IMO MINA should not be the place to host all protocols. It can for
some time host protocols specific projects that do not have critical
community mass (like Asynchweb) until they blossom. But to try to
build MINA out to be a massive TLP in this way is a big mistake and
will result in the same issues that have confronted Jakarta. Keeping
the TLP lean and mean will keep it functional. I'd love tho to see
protocol analyzers and other protocol development tooling sub-projects
start at MINA tho.

Alex

On 6/10/07, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
> > [X] +1 : Let's sandbox it

MINA project team might be interested in maintaining the codec /
message class part of the sand-boxed protocol providers in the future.
We are still busy improving MINA itself, so it will not happen right
now, but I believe we will implement many standard protocols on top of
MINA and provide them as MINA protocol codecs.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6