I think that we might also use NTP for Mitosis.

Ahhhh yes yes we might need it there if we do not use timing offsets in the
change sequence number vector.

So keeping it, as it is already documented (the configuration has been completed by Christine), should be ok

Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Just changed the name so we can discuss the other services separately from
> the vote thread.
>
> Note that I think we might want to leave NTP since it is complete from my
> understanding but Enrique would know best.  Also NTP might be needed for
> time synch for Kerberos which needs time synchronization to function.  DNS
> is not needed but is somewhat complete?

NTP is quite simple, so it should be quite easy to provide user
documentation. There is already something available

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/ntp-protocol-provider.html

I volunteer for a simple "Getting started" article about how to enable
the protocol in the configuration and check with a client -- step by step.

Greetings,
     Stefan

--
Regards,