I agree with Emmanuel.  Once we have the configuration in the DIT administrators (these guys don't like UIs) will just use LDAP to configure the server.  Those needing a UI can use Studio to do the job.   RCP is way more preferrable than using a web UI in my opinion.

Ersin Er a écrit :

> Hi,
> We need some sort of Web based configuration at some point. Although
> Configuration in DIT is cool, some tasks are better handled with a Web
> based UI. Here is a mock of OpenDS Web Control Center:
> https://opends.dev.java.net/nonav/public/docs/ui-docs/mockups/html/
> It looks like SunDS's current DSCC application.
Well, I think this is not the way we should go.

Web based configuration is obviously attractive, but this is only about
presentation. We have Apache Directory Studio which gives a much better
UI than any web UI. What we only need is to add some HTTP connector to
the server, and this is something we almost have, with Jetty integrated
into ADS, with the DSML codec. Using those elements will allow us to
have a better UI, without spending months building a specific WebApp
with all the burden it carries (new port declaration, installing a web
application beside the server, etc).

Also, I don't think that having a Web based configuration tool is
opposed to have all the configuratuon stored in the DIT.

The main problem we currently have rightnow is that our configuration is
file based, and this is the main issue, IMHO.

wdyt ?