That stinks. Well then just make sure we blow chunks when BA is used with the caseIgnored parameter is false.  This should help lessen the mishaps that might occur.  This should be in 1.0.3.

In 1.5 we can just fix it as we please.  Thank God for the feature release branches.

Alex

Simon, Alex,

the idea to convert BasicAttributes to our BasicAttributesImpl was a good idea, but which turned out wrong ... The problem now, if we do that, is that *all* the data will be corrupted, as we have serialized BasicAttributes, not our version.

This is something we can fix in 1.5 version, because it's not supposed to be a stable version, but for 1.0.2, this is definitively a bad situation.

I guess that you might have to educate your developpers about how bad is JNDI, and that they should avoid new BasicAttributes() like plague...

Emmanuel