A while back I remember a project called EDG (I think it is Euro Data Grid) that used LDAP to store grid job data and grid user data, but I can't find any solid information on it.  They had an LDAP schema called GLUE that I believe was used to store monitoring information in a central location.  I think that effort gave birth to several evolutions of similar ideas.

I also found this http://gridice.forge.cnaf.infn.it/ which looks like it uses an extension of the GLUE schema.

Chris

Hi all,

I have been doing some research on GRID technology recently. I saw
that LDAP is being used in a few places in GRID engines. Can someone
clarify how LDAP is being used in GRID technology today?

Thanks.

--
Ersin Er

R.A. and Ph.D Student at the Dept. of Computer Eng. in Hacettepe University
http://www.cs.hacettepe.edu.tr

Committer and PMC Member of The Apache Directory Project
http://directory.apache.org