directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Kerberos] Ciient status
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2007 07:54:15 GMT
> That would be great to have better tests.  I am hoping to check-in
> this weekend new integration tests with the new Kerberos and Change
> Password clients operating against ApacheDS and all the various
> permutations of ticket options and good vs. bad principal scenarios.

The best solution would be to have a project like server-unit where
the Ldap/Kerberos server is embeded. I have started such a project,
but didn't committed it yet. Will do on monday.

> I guess it's too late now but I was thinking one non-invasive way to
> get new codecs integrated would be to work on codecs for the new
> Set/Change Protocol v2.

Using a new codec will not be invasive. As you have an interface for
encoder and decoder, it's easy to map the new codec. What I have to do
is to modify the messages to implement an encode method. The decoder
will be standalone, mapped into the current decoder, and will generate
the same instances that the current decoder. It can perfectly be done
in parallel.

More to come next week, I'm leaving for the week-end.

Emmanuel
--
Regards,
Cordialement,