directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [Partition] Search Engine - Backend interfacing points
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:01:18 GMT
Ersin,

we have had a kind of discussion with Alex (one night, in front of a
dozen of beers, rebuilding a better planet), where we decided it would
definitively be a good idea to have this low level layer where we can
manage a kind of entry cache instead of managing many different caches
everywhere. The question we didn't answered is : should this cache be
cross partition or per partition ?

As far as I remember, it was a cross-partition cache, with a kind of
managed cache partitioning :
like 'ou=system' partition will get 40% of the cache, and
'dc=example,dc=com' will get 60%, for instance.
last, not least, we thought that some partition or some entries  might
be loaded but not discardable from the cache (for instance, the admin
user).

This is somehow complex, and we need to dig the ideas a little bit further...

Emmaanuel

--
Regards,
Cordialement,