directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Should we have a 0.8.1 release of Apache LDAP Studio ?
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 12:37:42 GMT

considering that releasing Apache Directory Studio is just a matter of
minutes (it's totally different for ADS), then I think this is

Now, I have some concern about releasing a version just because one
user has some problems with the tagged version. This 0.8.1 will be a
direct branch started on 0.8 release, not related at all to the trunk.

This won't be a bug release, so I would say it can be preferable to
tell the user to build ADStudio from trunks.

Pam concern is about other x64 version users : they will get the very
same error, and will post the same message. I agree that it is a pb.
At this point, nighty build may help... but ADStudio is huge (more
than 30 Mb)

Complicated vote.

 [X] +1 : We should release Apache LDAP Studio 0.8.1 with these new "features"

Ok, this will be the last time ;)
On 6/21/07, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Mateusz Kijowski, one of our users, has just reported that it is impossible
> to install within eclipse (with the update site) the standalone plugins of
> Apache LDAP Studio on a x86_64 machine (I'm talking of Apache LDAP Studio
> instead of Apache Directory Studio because it's the name of the latest 0.8.0
> release).
> Indeed, in the plugins definitions we had set the targeted environments to
> be PPC and X86_64 only. However, plugins are not impacted and are completely
> functional on the x86_64 architecture, as Mateusz says.
> The only thing needed to fix this issue is add the X86_64 architecture in
> all the plugins (and features) definitions and rebuild the updatesite.
> Furthermore, since the release of 0.8.0, with the help of Andreas Roth,
> another user, we managed to get the RCP application running on Linux AMD64
> machines, where it was not running before.
> I was wondering if we should not be releasing a 0.8.1 of Apache LDAP Studio
> to include these two fixes that can help us have more users to use our
> application or if we should wait the next release (which will not occur
> before 1 or 2 months I think)...
> What do you think ?
> [ ] +1 : We should release Apache LDAP Studio 0.8.1 with these new
> "features"
> [ ] 0    : Abstain
> [ ] -1   : We should wait for the next release to introduce these new
> "features"
> Thanks,
> Pierre-Arnaud

Emmanuel L├ęcharny