directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Should we have a 0.8.1 release of Apache LDAP Studio ?
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 12:37:42 GMT
Hi,

considering that releasing Apache Directory Studio is just a matter of
minutes (it's totally different for ADS), then I think this is
acceptable.

Now, I have some concern about releasing a version just because one
user has some problems with the tagged version. This 0.8.1 will be a
direct branch started on 0.8 release, not related at all to the trunk.

This won't be a bug release, so I would say it can be preferable to
tell the user to build ADStudio from trunks.

Pam concern is about other x64 version users : they will get the very
same error, and will post the same message. I agree that it is a pb.
At this point, nighty build may help... but ADStudio is huge (more
than 30 Mb)

Complicated vote.

 [X] +1 : We should release Apache LDAP Studio 0.8.1 with these new "features"

Ok, this will be the last time ;)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,