directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Are Gentleware community edition terms of usage acceptable ?
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:44:13 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Poseidon UML to draw cool schemas. Now, I'm facing a
difficult choice, as the free edition is quite limited :
1) I buy the standard edition (56$ a year, not very expensive, as I'm
in europ, and as € is quite strong ;) _but_ it will be for my own
usage
2) we ask for the community edition, available for the team, under the
following terms :

    * The logo 'Sponsored by Apollo for Eclipse' or 'Sponsored by
Poseidon for UML' must appear on the member project's website, no
smaller than 135x55 pixels.
    * The logo must function as a hyperlink to the Gentleware website:
www.gentleware.com.
    * Gentleware may refer to the member project as a Gentleware
customer in marketing and sales materials, both online and in print.
    * The license(s) remains the property of Gentleware AG. The
license(s) is rented, not sold. Licensee may not sell, redistribute,
encumber, give, lend, rent, lease, sublicense, or otherwise transfer
the license. The license(s) granted is only for the project specified
and may not be transferred.

Are those four points acceptable? Point #4 seems ok to me, point #1
and #2 are quite acceptable, as we already have logo of other products
pointing to the company web-site (YourKit, JetBrains). But point #3
seems quite embarrassing.

wdyt? What is the Apache position ?

Thanks !
--