directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Would like to start getting involved in Apache Directory project
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 06:45:49 GMT
Hi Jiangtao !

there are many parts you can work on. The first thing to do would
probably to look at JIRA, where we have a lot of bugs waiting to be
fixed, but also a lot of expected features.

There are also parts of the project which need some improvements, like
the integration tests : they take forever, to a point where committers
are now reluctant to launch them before committing. This is clearly a
bad situation. We are thinking about a solution where we can define a
list of tests running in a pre-defined context, without having to load
it for each test. Something has to be figured out...

Obviously, there are a lot of other things you may help. As this is
OSS, and a volunteer organization, I would suggest you select the part
you want to work on.

Be aware that the code base is simply huge, so don't be afraid to ask.
We are also here to help !

You are warmly welcome !

Emmanuel

--