directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Testing] Embedded Logging Configuration
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 05:54:50 GMT
Hi Ole,

putting the log4j.properties in src/test/resources is not enough, if
the log system is not initialized.

I don't have Ceki's book in my hotel room, but you can find the info
somwhere on the web (do'nt know where ...)

Emmanuel

> Hey Guys,
>
> I'm in the process of reworking the testing archetype.  When I run the test for the setup,
which starts the server, I get these lines:

> log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService).
> log4j:WARN Please initialize the nlog4j system properly.
>
> Does nlog4j have to be configured for the server to run embedded?  Do we have any documentation
on configuring it when running embedded?  I saw the tests in apacheds-core-unit have the log4j.properties
file in /src/test/resources, so I tried putting it there, but it's still coughing.  Thoughts?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,