directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about Bind
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2007 09:56:23 GMT
Hi,

as I'm browsing the code, there is something I don't really get, and maybe
someone can help me. Ok, basically, i'm trying to understand what the
PropertyKeys.PARSED_BIND_DN is good for?

When someone issue a SIMPLE BindRequest (SASL is out of scope), he gives a
DN which is called the principal. The ASN.1 codec parse this DN, even if it
does not normalize it (it will be done in the NormalizationService). Then we
set the principal, credentials, authLevel into the environment variable, but
we also set the principal a second time :
env.put( PropertyKeys.PARSED_BIND_DN, principal );

My question is : is it useless ? Can we simply avoid saving this into the
env, as it's already there, but with a different name (SECURITY_PRINCIPAL) ?

Blind guess : this is a reminiscence of a time where we were parsing the DN
later in the code. Am I wrong ?

Thanks !

--
Regards,