directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject 1.5.1 release soon ?
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 09:01:58 GMT
Hi dear developpers !

we have had recently some huge modifications in the server, and I'm just
wondering if it won't be good for us and mainly for our users to release a
new version, 1.5.1, to get some feedback from our users (release often
strategy) ?

* SASL has been added, and it was an expected addition to the server. As it
is a huge modification, it seems to be quite reasonnable to push it into a
revision, and move on to a new version (namely, 1.5.2-SNAPSHOT).
* We can also use MD5 and SHA (salted or not) for passwords
* Peformances have been improved for searches requests ( topping 4500 req/s
on my laptop)

Releasing 1.5.1 means serious impacts, though :
- we still have some problem with the current configuration, as it has been
changed a lot for SASL. We would have expected those changes to be pushed to
the next version, but, well, it's done. I suggest that we keep the current
configuration, but we wil have to address some of the issues it generates.
- that also means the the documentation about configuration must be reviewed
- the Configuration plugin has to be modified. pam estimation is that it
will take him 3 or 4 days to do it
- we still have to change some logic in the BindRequest code, because I'm
afraid that performance won't be very good
- we have a hell lot of bugs in 1.5.1 (16, including 2 blockers), but we may
want to fix some of them only, like referrals or uniqueMember, and push the
other ones to 1.5.2

wdyt ?

--
Regards,