directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject New configuration
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 07:25:27 GMT
Hi,

we recently have had some issues regarding the configuration modification
brought by the SASL inclusion. Those problems were not big, but we need to
address them in order to avoid a flury of mails from our current users when
we will release 1.5.1 (I guess that with SASL, we need to deliver a new
version).

I would like to check if we can see which parts of the server are impacted
by such a modification, and to what extent :
- first of all, documentation. We need to update the site, and also give the
users a clear migration guide from the previous server.xml to the new one
- the Studio 'Server Configuration Edirot' plugin : how much time to handle
these modification do we need?

Also, I think we should also discuss a little bit further about the
configuration structure. I will try to gather the different convos we have
had in the last three months about it, including the 'config in DIT' thread.
This is important that we soon try to find an agreement and stabilize this
configuration, and inform the 'world' about this move.

I'm also thinking about Stefan Zörner who is writing his third version of
his book, I don't want him to have to rewrite parts of it just because he
has snapshots of the old config in it ;) (may be it's a good way for him to
get a contract for a forth version of his book ;)

Emmanuel

--
Regards,
Cordialement,