directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NPE Defect in Latest Directory - 1.0.2
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 10:28:26 GMT
Hi Simon,

you can raise a JIRA, because we should not allow NPE in the server.

Now, regarding Attributes(), you should *always* pass true as an
argument. This is a major drawback of JNDI as a generic API for
directory, because it does not take into account the underlying
directory it has to deal with. There is nothing we can do about it,
except fixing NPEs, when it comes to use ADS embedded (meaning :
without the network layer which automatically substitutes
BasicAttributes to a more ldap compliant BasicAttributesImpl...)

Emmanuel

--
Regards,
Cordialement,