directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BUILD] [FAILED] Build Apache Directory Server::CI Build #85 failed (1683 tests passed)
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2007 18:32:00 GMT
Hi Chris,

On 6/23/07, Chris Custine <chris.custine@gmail.com> wrote:

> This was an actual failure from the commit listed in the email but we
> worked out the issue on #directory-dev and the build recovered.  The Nightly
> Builds (which run -Dintegration) have been failing quite regularly but the
> issue was a very specific timing issue with testOneWayBind which tests
> replication.  We discussed this on IRC also and Martin pointed out that the
> replication interval defaults to 5 seconds and the test only sleeps for
> exactly 5 seconds waiting for the replication before it checks so basically
> it was failing on the busy build server about 50-70%... so we bumped the
> sleep to 7 seconds and all tests pass now without problems.

Oh good glad to see this is fixed.

So we should see the failuers should be more legitimate now that we worked
> out those issues.  We also have Studio building as well, and we even have a
> nightly build that creates all of the artifacts and makes them available for
> download :-)

Awesome that rocks!

Jetbrains will give us an Open Source license of Teamcity if we like it and
> want to integrate everyone into the system properly.

That's great can you try to acquire it for us?

Thanks for the feedback it makes me feel a lot better.  I need to start
looking into using this tool more to keep an eye on the build with everyone
else.

Thanks,
Alex