directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A control for enabling/disabling dynamic schema check ?
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 07:02:02 GMT
I think you need to make the server only writable by the current session
using the
control to prevent other clients from making inconsistent updates.

Also it's a good idea to add parameters into the schema service and the
configuration
that could control this.

Overall it's a good idea to be able to control the server in this fashion
however it does
not come without risk.  If you can write code to actually push schema into
ou=schema
properly in the order of dependency leaves first then this would be a easier
task for
you than writing the control.  However we could support this but it will not
be a simple
matter.

Alex