directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Kerberos] Kerberos + Wicket, part 2
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:33:55 GMT

> On 6/9/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
> > Enrique Rodriguez a écrit :
> I updated the doco, as with the GSSAPI doc, to have more details and
> to use config for ApacheDS 1.5.1.  Also, there is a Start class that
> you should be able to run in Eclipse as a Java application and have it
> start an embedded Jetty server and bind to 8080.  I think that is the
> easiest way to get this example running and skip the WAR deployment.
> This is why the POM has the Jetty/Tomcat/nlog4j setup the way it is.
> I recommend trying it in Eclipse first.  Don't forget to configure the
> JRE to be 1.6 for this specific Eclipse project.  I couldn't figure
> out how to get the mvn eclipse plugin to set this automatically and,
> trust me, I tried.

There is also a jetty plugin for mvn that can be used to run this via the
command line.
I don't know if requiring an IDE for people to play with it is going to
promote them
to just checkout and run it.  This means some setup work to get the project
into
Eclipse if not downloading it.  Not everyone uses Eclipse.

Alex