directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <>
Subject Re: [Kerberos] [Doco] Kerberos + other services
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:28:33 GMT
This may be a stupid questions but why with OpenLDAP and not ApacheDS LDAP?
I understand this is about interoperability but what will people think if
we're posting
how to use our Kerberos service inside ApacheDS with OpenLDAP.  I can
making OpenLDAP a client to the ApacheDS Kerberos server but why is that our

Doesn't anyone think this is a bit strange?

On 6/11/07, Enrique Rodriguez <> wrote:
> Hi, Directory developers,
> In the INTEROP site, there are now updated lessons, in the style of
> the recent SASL GSSAPI and Kerberos+Wicket docs, for using the
> ApacheDS Kerberos provider with OpenLDAP and SSHD.  Each of the
> lessons has an example LDIF and the configuration is updated for
> ApacheDS 1.5.1.
> I started thinking that using the Kerberos provider in this way isn't
> so much about interop but rather a straight-up use of Kerberos that an
> "advanced user" might want to configure.  So, if a few people vet the
> instructions, than I'd be up for moving them from INTEROP to the AUG.
> Enrique

View raw message