directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Sandboxing DHCP protocol
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 15:08:08 GMT

> Hi,
>
> as I'm reviewing the configuration, and the documentation, I don't find
> anything about DHCP protocol provider. A page on confluence gives some
> information about it, but we have nothing about how to launch it, how to
> configure it, and how to manage it.

Hmmm yeah you're right: it might not even be packaged with the server.
There
are no deps on it.  Early I liked the idea of having it in there but we
cannot leave
ourselves exposed without having the supporting documentation nor the
ability to engage users as a community.  Does the same situation exist
for NTP and DNS?

I suggest that we sandbox this protocol provider untill we get some
> documentation and some configuration for it.
>
> [X] +1 : Let's sandbox it
> [ ] +/-0 : I don't know
> [ ] -1 : Keep DHCP in the core server

Alex