directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NPE Defect in Latest Directory - 1.0.2
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 14:57:25 GMT
+1 on all of Emmanuel's points.  Let me add one additional option.

We could write some protective code to detect when the BasicAttributes is
created without the
boolean argument for ignoring case.  We should have some kind of
RuntimeException for it.
Could be a ConfigurationException maybe?  Don't know exactly but basically
we need:

BasicAttributes attrs = ...
if ( ! attrs.isCaseIgnored() )
{
     throw new "something that tells the user to correct this miss
configuration of BasicAttributes";
}

WDYT?

Alex