directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [VOTE] Should we have a 0.8.1 release of Apache LDAP Studio ?
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:54:33 GMT
Hi all,

Mateusz Kijowski, one of our users, has just reported that it is impossible
to install within eclipse (with the update site) the standalone plugins of
Apache LDAP Studio on a x86_64 machine (I'm talking of Apache LDAP Studio
instead of Apache Directory Studio because it's the name of the latest
0.8.0release)
.

Indeed, in the plugins definitions we had set the targeted environments to
be PPC and X86_64 only. However, plugins are not impacted and are completely
functional on the x86_64 architecture, as Mateusz says.

The only thing needed to fix this issue is add the X86_64 architecture in
all the plugins (and features) definitions and rebuild the updatesite.

Furthermore, since the release of 0.8.0, with the help of Andreas Roth,
another user, we managed to get the RCP application running on Linux AMD64
machines, where it was not running before.

I was wondering if we should not be releasing a 0.8.1 of Apache LDAP Studio
to include these two fixes that can help us have more users to use our
application or if we should wait the next release (which will not occur
before 1 or 2 months I think)...

What do you think ?

[ ] +1 : We should release Apache LDAP Studio 0.8.1 with these new
"features"
[ ] 0    : Abstain
[ ] -1   : We should wait for the next release to introduce these new
"features"

Thanks,

Pierre-Arnaud