directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject A control for enabling/disabling dynamic schema check ?
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:02:07 GMT
Hi Directory developers,

I'm currently working on the Dynamic Schema Editor for Apache Directory
Server.
I have already managed to get the Schema from the DIT and transform into
Java objects.
I was wondering if we could create a control that can enable or disable the
schema check done by the server when modifying the ou=schema subtree ?

It could be very helpful to be able to disable the schema check to authorize
the dynamic schema editor to reorganize the schema doing multiple
add/delete/modify operations (removing an attribute type even if another
object depends on that one, for example).

Do you think this is possible ?

Thanks,

P-A M.