directory-dev mailing list archives

From Quanah Gibson-Mount <qua...@zimbra.com>
Subject Re: [Exception Message Spelling] Syntaxically
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 05:07:41 GMT
--On Sunday, June 17, 2007 5:10 PM -0600 Chris Custine
<chris.custine@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am pretty sure that syntaxically is not a real word and is probably a
> misspelled form of "synactically".  However, for what its worth, you guys
> do a better job with English than many people I know here in the US.  :-)

<http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=syntactically>

is the correct spelling.  Syntaxically is not a word in the English
language, although plenty of people seem to use it incorrectly. ;)

I find it highly amusing that a patent about teaching Enlish as a foreign
language had that misspelling in it. ;)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount