directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Vijay R" <r.vij...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Apache DS as Proxy Server:More information
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:05:50 GMT
Hello,

This is in continuation to the previous postings. Please find below further
information about my requirement:

LDAPClient ==> LDAP requests ==>ApacheDS (Proxy mode)==> Java Objects ==>My
Java Application ==> Store in database

I want to use the Apache DS to just receive the LDAP requests, decode them,
convert into Java objects and hand it to my application. The application
will do some processing and finally store in some database.

I am planning to change the messageReceived() for each message and instead
of forwarding it to Apache DS backend, I will forward it to my
application.Is this fine? If not, please suggest other ways.

Also, does Apache DS support conversion of LDAP messages to netscape  LDAP
SDK objects? Does Apache DS offer some kind of load balancing?

Regards,
Vijay