directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject [OT] Tips & Tricks for switching VMs?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 03:26:51 GMT
Hi, Directory developers,

This is slightly OT but relevant to Directory development.  I need to
test Directory on at least Sun and IBM VM's (re: crypto differences).
I used to simply maintain two workstations for this but now I have
1.4, 1.6, 32-bit, & 64-bit variants for other projects

So, before I launch into something complicated, like a VMware or Xen
setup or try writing a script, I was wondering what other people did.
Perhaps you maintain separate user accounts and ssh to your localhost
to test builds under different user accounts?  Or just use Eclipse
ability to switch JRE's pretty easily and make sure testcases exercise
runtime issues?

One thing I'd like to do is switch VM's and build the same working
copy.  Meaning, I'd rather not have to check-in/check-out of SVN to
replicate changes so that potentially build-breaking commits don't
touch the repo.

Ideas?

Enrique