directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Kerberos] [Doco] Kerberos + other services
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 02:02:03 GMT
> Is there any room for ApacheDS (except Kerberos part) in this
> tutorial? Otherwise, even for interoperability, using OpenLDAP as the
> default LDAP server does not make much sense to me. It may be just
> stated as an alternative.

There is a tutorial in the AUG for using the Kerberos and LDAP
providers together in ApacheDS.  As part of the AUG, this
configuration scenario is positioned as the default.

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/HOWTO+do+SASL+GSSAPI+Authentication+to+ApacheDS

The tutorials in the INTEROP space take into consideration the fact
that most IT environments are heterogeneous and that one can expect
some people to be using such services as OpenLDAP.  For a variety of
reasons, these environments may be unwilling or unable to switch LDAP
servers overnight, in which case the use of ApacheDS for the Kerberos
provider should be an option that we support.

Enrique