directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r543905 - /directory/apacheds/trunk/server-main/server.xml
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 00:45:43 GMT

> - I suggest that the Ldap configuration remains as simple as possible, and
> as close as it was previously.
>
> We will discuss further about which will be the next configuration scheme,
> considering that a lot of work have been done related to this part of the
> server. Not only your work, but also the guys working on LdapStudio (and the
> ServerConfiguration editor plugin), but also the current discussion about
> storing the configuration in the DIT.
>
> We didn't want to include this new configuration before the SASL dust has
> settled, this is why we asked for a delay before including it.

We had two threads, called "[SASL] SASL configuration" and "[SASL]
SASL configuration, part 2."  I ask, respectfully, that you re-read
those threads.  In both threads we discuss changes to the Ldap
configuration, such that there would be an LdapConfiguration bean
under the StartupConfiguration bean.  In fact, in the lead message of
"[SASL] SASL configuration" I ask about moving maxSizeLimit and
maxTimeLimit to StartupConfiguration.  I don't think there should have
been any surprise here.  Moreover, during the review of the SASL
branch there were positive comments made about the new protocol
configuration.  I really tried to be open, and on the public mailing
list, to discuss my changes before I made them.  In end result of
these threads still appears to me to be positive concensus for an
LdapConfiguration bean.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/directory-dev/200703.mbox/%3c568753d90703121820n76021567m551e604a1f6031c7@mail.gmail.com%3e

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/directory-dev/200703.mbox/%3c568753d90703132036g3f387f58paa5cb1c87cb1c91e@mail.gmail.com%3e

Enrique