directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Server does not allow anymore simple password
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 19:20:00 GMT
> So if we have a SASL branch we only do SASL changes.  If ancilliary changes
> are needed to accomplish this task then we can make those changes in another
> branch or in the trunk keeping the view of changes in the SASL branch
> specific.  Thinking about the config and password policy changes
> specifically.

Regarding the config, I discussed the changes in my response to
Emmanuel's original email.  I feel this was a legitimate part of the
changes to make SASL configurable by creating a config bean specific
to the LDAP protocol.

FWIW, password policy was not part of the SASL branch, but rather the
branch for enhancements to Kerberos encryption.  My thinking was that
strong encryption is useless without password policy, but I agree that
it was a change that should not have been part of the merge to trunk.
At least, the interceptor should not have been inserted in the
server-main server.xml.  Luckily, it is an interceptor and Emmanuel
was right to remove its xml stanza.

For future reference, we have a JIRA issue for password policy, still
targeting 1.5.2, at:

Enrique