directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <szoer...@apache.org>
Subject [Fwd: [groovy-user] Gldap 0.1]
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2007 10:51:54 GMT
Hi all!

There is a new effort within the Groovy community to include LDAP
support within Groovy ("Gldap"). It is driven by Luke Daley (cc) and has
nothing to do with my attempt. The mission statement/target
group/approach is totally different. For instance Gldap provides mapping
between Groovy objects (defined via a class) and LDAP entries. Gldap
operates on top of Spring LDAP (and inherit the dependency to the Spring
Framework).

Learn more about it here:
http://groovy.codehaus.org/Gldap

Luke and Guillaume Laforge encouraged me to continue my work on an LDAP
integration alternative in Groovy targeted to people familiar with LDAP,
although I do not know who will use/find/need it, if Gldap is hosted by
Groovy itself. For programming triggers and stored procedures within
ApacheDS in Groovy, I still think my approach is more suitable, because
it does not abstract from the underlying directory, and has a minimum of
dependencies.

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan

---8<---