directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Tips & Tricks for switching VMs?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 04:07:14 GMT
Hey Enrique,

You may want to give JPackage a shot.  You can use the alternatives system to switch java
implementations.  Here's how:

/usr/sbin/alternatives --config java

There are 3 programs which provide 'java'.

  Selection    Command
   1           /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.5.0-gcj/bin/java
 + 2           /opt/jdk1.6.0_01/bin/java
*  3           /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-sun/bin/java

Enter to keep the current selection[+], or type selection number: 3

As you see above, I just switched to using the JPackage java install, rather than the one
I personally installed under /opt....

JPackage also supports IBM and BEA JVMs.

Cheers,
- Ole