directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Java to LDAP Type Mapping] Double, Long, etc.
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 19:07:01 GMT
Ole Ersoy a écrit :

> Hey Guys,
>
> I finally got the DAS to write a DataObject.  Now I'm starting to map
> primitive java types to LDAP syntaxes.  Currently it seems like
> Double, Long, etc. are missing.  Do you think feature requests for
> these are a good idea?
>
> Thanks,
> - Ole

<totally OT>
I personnaly think that Int, Double, Long, Character, Int are classes
which should have never existed in Java. They have been created a long
time ago in purpose, because they wanted int, long, float, boolean, etc
to be native types for performance reasons. This leads to complexity,
and have abused a lot of newbies (me included when I started in java
back in 1996). They suddenly decided that auto-boxing was needed just
because M$ did it in C#.

Now, some may object that those classes are immutable, and this was the
reason they were created.
</totally OT>

Ok, now, I would say that you should simply store int, long, float, etc
instead of the associated classes.

Emmanuel