directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Rename progress
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:27:13 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> Here's a report on where we are...
>
>     (3) Rename Java package names
>

> Done.
> Stefan, I think you have also implemented the connections migration in
> the ConnectionManager class, am I right ?

Yes, that's true.

>     (5) Modify install path and application name for the RCP applicaton
>

> Almost done.
> The Windows installer needs to be updated with Apache Directory Studio
> instead of Apache LDAP Studio, and a new page in the installer needs to
> be added to inform the user that LDAP Studio needs to be uninstalled.

Good idea to add an additional page to the installer. Is it also
possible to launch the old LS uninstaller before installing the new Studio?

> (7) Modify update site
>
> Not done yet.

That would be the hardest one. But we have to find a solution, otherwise
the users won't get the new plugins with the new functionality.

I had the following idea, don't know if it works. We could provide
updates for the old o.a.d.ldapstudio plugins (at least for the browser,
schema and ADSconfig) which contains only the Plugin class. In the
constructor or in the start() method of these classes we could try to
disable the old features and enable the new features. There seems to be
an experimental API in package org.eclipse.update.standalone.

> Thanks to everyone who helped. :)

Also many thanks from my side.

Kind Regards,
StefanS