directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS Embedded] Reusing a Connection Environment
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:09:54 GMT

Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Ole Ersoy a écrit :

SNIP

> What about cloning the existing env, before reusing it ?

I still need to try that.  I tried creating a new Hashtable, passing it to the initialization
routine, and then overriding Context.PROVIDER_URL, and that fails.

>> If I do a "fresh" Hashtable for the environment, with the exact same
>> key-value pairs the test is green.  I thought this was very odd, so I
>> tried it over and over, in all sorts of creative ways.  The same thing
>> works fine for non-embedded connections.  It's almost like a security
>> manager is preventing the class from using a environment created in a
>> different class.
>
> Can you provide a test case for this problem ?

Indeed.  The whole archetype I'm about to submit is the TestCase.  All you have to do is run
it, then instead of using the "New" Hashtable for the embedded connection, do this:

env = createEnvironment(env);

This will initialize the env.  Then try using it.  Now if I can just get subclipse installed.
 Eclipse 3.2 is barking.  I'm going to have to go command line I think.  Just have to do it.
 Deep breath.

Cheers,
- Ole