directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject [ApacheDS Embedded] Reusing a Connection Environment
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 00:23:14 GMT
Hey Guys,

This is pretty minor, but I thought I'd mention it.  While working on the testing archetype,
I tried reusing a createEnvironment() method when creating the environment for the Embedded
LdapContext.  I get a NamingException when doing this.  It says it can't parse "ou=system".
 If I do a "fresh" Hashtable for the environment, with the exact same key-value pairs the
test is green.  I thought this was very odd, so I tried it over and over, in all sorts of
creative ways.  The same thing works fine for non-embedded connections.  It's almost like
a security manager is preventing the class from using a environment created in a different
class.

Cheers,
- Ole