directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JNDI] Getting the Directory Context From a Binding?
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:53:03 GMT
Just adding a little bit more of a scenario into the mix.  The scenario is that I'll create
a context L0, and it will have several children that are directory entries, like L1A, L1B,
L1C etc.  Earlier Stefan gave me this code for iterating through the children of a context
and getting the context associated with each child:

NamingEnumeration enm = ctx.listBindings("");
while (enm.hasMore()) {
 Binding b = (Binding) enm.next();
 if (b.getObject() instanceof Context) {
   Context child = (Context) b.getObject();
 }
}

So ctx in this case is the L0 context.  So at this point I am unable to get the child contexts
associated with the bindings that represent the children of the L0 context.  I can look them
up using lookup() which will return a directory context instance.

Anyone know of any other way to get a list of the child contexts?

Thanks,
- Ole