directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Improvement] Standardized Test Setups for Projects
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2007 21:47:38 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> On 6/10/07, *Ole Ersoy* <ole.ersoy@gmail.com
> <mailto:ole.ersoy@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I think it's really important to standardize the process around the
>     submission of tests, with a focus on minimizing the effort for
>     submission and integration.  So we could start with an archetype like
>     that and just document how to go about using it and what it contains.
>

> You mean like this?
>
>      http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx10/Reporting+Bugs
Lookee Here :-)  Yes - Like that - Thanks.   I'll make sure I work with
this.

>     I'm thinking each directory project should have
>     an archetype with canned setups, and then contributors just add
>     more as
>     needed.  Thoughts?
>

> Hmmmm you mean providing a bunch of different test archetypes?
Yes.  It's an idea.  I'm just imagining that some setups for LS,
Triplesec, etc. might be somewhat unrelated and keeping the
documentation focus on separate archetypes will make it easier to manage
and improve the test process around each project.

> Alex
Ole