directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Improvement] Standardized Test Setups for Projects
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2007 21:16:05 GMT
Ole Ersoy a écrit :

> I think it's really important to standardize the process around the
> submission of tests, with a focus on minimizing the effort for
> submission and integration.

yeah, you are plain right.

> So we could start with an archetype like that and just document how to
> go about using it and what it contains.

We have done some kind of standardization for tests in 1.0, but it'sd :
1) not perfect
2) not documented
3) slow in 1.5 for many reasons (mainly because we are initializing the
server for each single test)

> With the DAS I have 10 or so different setup classes each targeting a
> specific testing domain.  What I'll do first is document how these are
> being used, making it easy for others to extend the approach.

ok, just perfet !

> Then I'll submit it as a baseline example of one way  do it and we can
> see whether we like the approach.  I'm thinking each directory project
> should have an archetype with canned setups, and then contributors
> just add more as needed.  Thoughts?

well, if you can spend an hour looking at tests done in core-unit and in
server-unit, it would also help you a lot. Can you do that? Maybe your
approach plus what we have can overlap a lot, and you can spare a lot of
time, and bring the tests to a new level of usability !

Thanks a lot, Ole! This is very valuable !

Emmanuel