directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Improvement] Standardized Test Setups for Projects
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:51:10 GMT
I think it's really important to standardize the process around the
submission of tests, with a focus on minimizing the effort for
submission and integration.  So we could start with an archetype like
that and just document how to go about using it and what it contains.
With the DAS I have 10 or so different setup classes each targeting a
specific testing domain.  What I'll do first is document how these are
being used, making it easy for others to extend the approach.  Then I'll
submit it as a baseline example of one way  do it and we can see whether
we like the approach.  I'm thinking each directory project should have
an archetype with canned setups, and then contributors just add more as
needed.  Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Cheers,
- Ole